I keep thinking of fun little things that are a plus about homeschooling right now in the chaos of back to school time.
1. No school uniforms or back to school clothes to buy
Apple & Speedy just wear their regular clothes or pjs to "school"
2. No need to buy school supplies during the mad rush
In fact I am free to hit up all the clearance sales that begin a few weeks after school starts
3. No first day of school jitters and/ or worrying about which teacher they will get
Obviously I'm always the best choice :)
4. No school lunches to pack and/ or lunch money to remember
Of course I do have to remember to keep the cabinets & fridge stocked
5. No need to change our sleep schedule
We are free to get started in our own time although we do get started early enough to finish our school room work by lunchtime
6. No back to school fundraisers so we don't have to beg friends and family for money
Although we still get begged and support local schools when we can
7. No homework
No homework! Well no homework at night because all our work is homework!
As you can see there are so many positives with homeschool! I'd have to say my favorite is number 5. I tend to stay up late and sleep a little later in the mornings. I am not a happy camper when I have to wake up early for days on end.
I don't have everything as organized for our school year as I did last year but I'm looking forward to getting started on 4th grade and 1st grade!