And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Plus Points of Homeschool

I keep thinking of fun little things that are a plus about homeschooling right now in the chaos of back to school time.



1. No school uniforms or back to school clothes to buy
    Apple & Speedy just wear their regular clothes or pjs to "school"

2. No need to buy school supplies during the mad rush
   In fact I am free to hit up all the clearance sales that begin a few weeks after school starts

3. No first day of school jitters and/ or worrying about which teacher they will get
   Obviously I'm always the best choice :)

4. No school lunches to pack and/ or lunch money to remember
   Of course I do have to remember to keep the cabinets & fridge stocked

5. No need to change our sleep schedule
   We are free to get started in our own time although we do get started early enough to            finish our school room work by lunchtime

6. No back to school fundraisers so we don't have to beg friends and family for money
   Although we still get begged and support local schools when we can

7. No homework
    No homework! Well no homework at night because all our work is homework!



As you can see there are so many positives with homeschool! I'd have to say my favorite is number 5. I tend to stay up late and sleep a little later in the mornings. I am not a happy camper when I have to wake up early for days on end. 

I don't have everything as organized for our school year as I did last year but I'm looking forward to getting started on 4th grade and 1st grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!