And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Following by Faith




I've always been intrigued by the book of Ruth. The world tells us that all mother in laws are monsters and that no one gets along with their in-laws. When I met Hubby I was so excited to learn that I liked his family. We still get along well and I enjoy having them as a part of our lives. I try to encourage young ladies to shed the idea that in-laws are all bad and to enter relationships with a boyfriend's family with an open mind. I also want my kids to see the good relationship that Hubby has with my family and that I have with his. We have to model positive in-law relationships. Boy did Ruth set a high bar! Not only did she get along with her mother in law, she pledged allegiance to her and left her own family for her mother in law. Of course Naomi reciprocated the beautiful relationship by guiding Ruth as we assume she would've guided her own daughter.



I am Ruth by Brenda Duff & Kenneth Berg is a beautiful retelling of the book of Ruth. The story is retold in detail with amazing pictures. The pictures were taken near the area where Ruth lived in Israel. The pictures are so detailed that you feel as though you are watching a movie as you turn the pages. It really is one of the most artistic picture stories I have ever seen.


The 88 pages brought to you by New Leaf Publishing contain pictures, the story, the verses taken from the Bible, a map, and more. What a wonderful way to bring to life this story of loss, love, and redemption. You can now see it in a new way for yourself and share the story with those around you.

See a special preview of I am Ruth.

See more reviews here.



I received a free copy of this book from New Leaf Publishing for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!