And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Getting in the Routine

Well we are now in our second full week of school. We've had some wonderful, smooth days and we've had some rough, long, tearful days. I try to remember through both that this is God's plan for our family and that we are serving Him as we school.

I'll admit though there are days when it is REALLY difficult. I'm trying to remember how to cook, clean, school, and do my 2 part time jobs between practices and choir and life. It isn't easy and we've eaten more take-out lately than I want to admit.

I think what keeps me going is God's grace. Knowing that He loves me and cherishes me even on the days I don't do it all right. He smiles at my obedience to homeschool even when we're eating burgers and fries. He doesn't mind the sinkful of dishes and the dirty floor if I've given my all through the day and sought to bring Him glory.

Saturday mornings are for fresh donuts at the Farmer's Market


Look life is hard and it isn't getting any easier. Being a Christian doesn't make it all sunshine and lollipops. Being a Christian, having that real RELATIONSHIP with Christ makes it peaceful, it gives me joy, and it keeps me grounded. My bank account isn't full, my house isn't clean, and my kids aren't perfect but I can take a deep breath and smile because I have God's mercy and I can try again tomorrow.

There's a new phone commercial that talks about us loving our devices until the next new thing comes out. The phone company wants you to believe their new program for getting devices will make you happy. I just have to laugh. I love new devices. I'm a tech junkie but I know that every new device in the world wouldn't bring me happiness. I might have a fleeting moment of excitement but I'd soon grow bored with all that technology and I'd search for something new. Don't fall prey to life's programs, promises, and plans. There's only one way to find true, lasting JOY!

If you're a Christian and you're trying to be perfect, don't be discouraged. Our perfect Jesus died so we would have grace. He gave up His life for us because that's how much He loves us. Don't strive for perfection, strive for obedience. Isn't that the example you want to show your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!