And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Prodigal Pig



Back around Father's Day I was preparing a lesson for our Sunday School class. I was jotting down stories from the Bible that involved fathers. When I asked Speedy for suggestions he brought up the Prodigal Son. I should have known that would be his choice because that is one of his favorite Bible stories. I included his selection in my lesson and let the class know it was his pick that Sunday.


Back in April, I introduced you to an On the Farm DVD called Cocka-Doodle Dooo the Right Thing. Now I want to tell you about a new installment from On the Farm: The Prodigal Pig. The voices of Randy Travis, Vince Gill, and Amy Grant will take your children through this fun take on the Prodigal Son story. This cute cartoon features the letter P so your child can reinforce their knowledge of the letter P while learning about God's forgiveness.

Speedy loved Farmer Bob, Hercules, Jenny, and Porkchop and their version of his favorite Bible story. Apple enjoyed it too. I felt really good knowing they were watching a wholesome show that focused on God. I am so disappointed lately with the things on television and even many of the new "kids" movies. I just don't understand why so many (nearly all of them) have curse words, romantic story lines, violence, and sinful behavior. If we allow our children to fill their minds and hearts with those shows then soon those behaviors will feel right to them. I don't want to see that happen with my kids so we will stick to wholesome dvds like The Prodigal Pig.




4 comments:

  1. My boys would probably say a fish
    marypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com Merry

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!