And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, August 4, 2013

That Green Eyed Monster

When everyone else is buying a new car I have to remember that my old minivan was/ is a huge blessing. I have to remember all the laughter and love and fun we've had in the old minivan. I try to ignore the windows that don't work and the air that isn't quite cold and that the van keeps eating tires.

When all my friends are blowing up Facebook with vacation pictures I try to remember the great trips we've taken in the past. I dwell on the fun times we've had around town and the great family nights playing games together. I try not to be so jealous of the sand between their toes, the fancy restaurants, and the shopping trips.

When I see ladies lunching with no kids in tow, when I envy their solo shopping trips, when I wish I had 10 minutes alone with no questions I must trust in God. I must praise Him for the blessings He has given me. I must remember that I serve Him by serving my family, homeschooling my kids, and taking grocery trips with 2 wild animals.

I'm not perfect. I get jealous. Oftentimes it's just too much. Sometimes I want to stomp my foot and beg for a new car/ a vacation/ some me time......usually though the feeling fleets quickly. I'll trade those things for the smiles and hugs and giggles that I get to enjoy every day. Thank you Lord.




1 comment:

  1. I definitely needed this tonight, Edie! Thank you for posting your insight.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!