And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Finished Product

I told you about Makit Make a Plate kits back in August. I'm excited to share our personal experience with Makit now that our final products are here!

First we received a free Make a Plate kit (due to my US Family Blogger status and for the purpose of review). The kit included a marker pack, several blank plate templates, and an order form with instructions. I can't tell you how EXCITED Apple & Speedy were about this project. This was one of the few times that I got them to work together on a project without bickering.


They were almost as excited about the new markers as they were about the plates. Silly kids.


My artist hard at work.


Making Christmas presents ahead of time!


Speedy may not be super crafty but he did a terrific job on these!


They each put their artwork on each template.


We were making 3 plates. I put a little something on each one too.


He's really excited about making plates! We almost couldn't wait to see how they would turn out!

After coloring the template, you simply stick them in the provided mailer with the order form and send them out. I did have to pay a little shipping but it wasn't very much.

A few weeks later our finished products arrived!




They can't wait to wrap them up as gifts. I'm not telling who will receive these special plates yet. :) 

The plates are a sturdy melamine that will display easily. We like the plates. I'm not sure how many of these we would order if we were paying for them. The artwork on the plate is great but $17.99 plus shipping for the first plate (additional plates are discounted) seems a little high for a melamine plate. I would be more impressed if they were ceramic but I know the melamine is probably easier for an image transfer.

If you think these plates are awesome you can order your own set here:  http://www.makit.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductCode=K1100PP. MakIt offers other products like photo plates and mugs too. Click the first link in this post to go to my original blogpost for a discount!

I received 3 free MakIt plates in exchange for review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!