And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Smell the Apples



I always seem to catch the latest Cindy Woodsmall series on the last book. This time I started with For Every Season the third book in the Amish Vines and Orchards series. It reminded me very much of Harvest of Grace (ahem another Woodsmall series that I began on number three). In this one, the book focuses on a group of young Amish people beginning a community and rebuilding an orchard. I found myself easily drawn into the orchard with Rhoda, Samuel, Leah, Jacob, and the others.


This book is a little different than most Amish fictions. Several of the characters have stepped outside of the bounds of the Old Order and since they are beginning a new community they aren't as concerned with the authority of Amish leaders. The book takes a different approach with Rhoda's intuitions, Jacob's troubles with the law, and Leah's romantic interest in an Englischer. It was no real problem beginning on book 3 although I'm eager to go back and read number 1 and 2 in the series now. 

Rhoda and Jacob are struggling to make their relationship work. How will they ever get over her kiss with his brother? How can they all work together to make the orchard fruitful? The twists and turns of these problems as well as the ones faced by the other characters will keep you turning the pages. Woodsmall certainly kept me guessing until the very end. The steady addition of new characters kept me off track and I wasn't sure what was going to happen.

If you enjoy an easy fiction read or you like Amish fiction then I think you will be pleased with this book. For Every Season is a light and interesting read. Perfect for reading for relaxation!

I received a free copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!