And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

UseFUL Trivia for Kids




I always call Hubby the fount of useless knowledge. That man can tell you a little bit about anything. Apple is quickly following in his footsteps. The girl loves to read books like the Guiness Book of World Records and similar trivia filled books. When I saw The One Year Book of Bible Trivia for Kids I knew she would love it and she does! One year....pfffft. She's about 1/3 of the way through already.


Now this is some trivia that I don't think is useless! Each day is one short page (great for short attention spans!) and includes a Bible story, a multiple choice questions, and a "For You" section to get the reader thinking. This is a great way to get your child thinking a little deeper into Bible stories. Like January 21st's entry is entitled "What Will You Give Up for God?". It includes the story of Abraham taking Isaac up to be a sacrifice. Then it asks the reader what they are willing to give up for God. It's a great short snippet to keep kids thinking. Apple is zooming through it but I can see Speedy using it as a daily devotional in a couple of years. The potential for growth is endless.

The write Katrina Cassel also wrote The Christian Girl's Guide to the Bible which Apple is using as her school time Devo. I'd say Cassel has a great handle on how to get the attention of a child and how to reach them with real information about the Bible and a relationship with God. I'm thankful to have these 2 resources available for my recently baptized beauty. 

I received this book from Tyndale for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!