And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, September 22, 2013

What Can You Do?












Sometimes it is hard to relate sermons or Biblical truths to kids. Their little lives are so different and often they don't see how they can be useful for God. Everybody Can Help Somebody by Ron Hall and Denver Moore is a true story that can open the eyes of children to ways they can help somebody! It exudes the message that everyone can in fact serve God by serving others.

I love this book. It is heart tugging and heart warming. I love that it tells of a life that is so different from anything my children have seen. They complain (some days) about homeschool but they can't imagine not having the opportunity to learn. They also can't imagine working so long and so hard for something as Denver does for his bicycle. I really appreciate a book like this that can give them such a new perspective.

We do try to give our kids real life opportunities to help others. Sometimes it can be something as simple as picking up an item someone else drops. Other times it is holding the door for someone or running an errand for a family member. My hubby is terrific at taking them to visit friends that live alone or are in nursing homes. I hope this book will inspire you to find ways to help others as a family. You never know what impact even a simple gesture might have on someone else's life. 

Would you like to win a copy of Everybody Can Help Somebody? Enter via the easy Giveaway Tools Widget.
See a special sneak peek Flipbook!

I received a free copy of this book as a Tommy Mommy for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a book my kids (and I) need to read. We're always looking for ways to encourage helpfulness.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!