And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Answers at Your Fingertips



When I was a kid, we had these 2 big sets of encyclopedias. I really enjoyed having them once I was in school and had research to do. That was back in the days before the internet took over and it was so easy to grab a volume and look up whatever I needed to without begging my parents for a trip to the library. Sadly those old volumes have gone by the wayside but I do keep a set of children's encyclopedias for my kids. Apple loves to thumb through them and read at leisure.

Now imagine a set of Bible encyclopedias. They are softback and much smaller than those old heavy encyclopedias but they contain just as much information. That's what I feel like the Answers Books are, Bible encyclopedias. The New Answers Book 4 answers more than 30 questions on Creation and the Bible. The general editor of this volume is Ken Ham and it is published by Masterbooks. 

The kids and I have been studying Chapter 3: Dragons....Were They Real? These are the kind of questions that my kids ask me and I love having the research at my fingertips. If they kids are still interested in a subject or don't feel like they have all the answers then we can use this Answer Book as a starting point to further research. The charts, graphs, pictures, and information are clearly presented so it is easy to follow along. While there is a lot of scientific research in the book, it isn't a hard read. This is another terrific resource for families and homeschoolers to keep on the shelf. The volumes can be purchased individually or in a set. 

These types of publications make me hopeful. There is so much buzz out there about the number of young adults that are choosing to walk away from Christianity. I have to believe that in large part this is due to a lack of communication about the tough questions. The world is constantly pressing in from all sides with "science" and persuasion against the Bible. As Christians we should all be arming ourselves with all of the information out there that supports creation and the great flood. Arm yourself! Download a free preview of the book here: http://www.nlpg.com/downloads/dl/file/id/489/the_new_answers_book_4.pdf.

I received a free copy of this book from Masterbooks for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!