And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, October 7, 2013

Christmas Crime

Chloe Humphrey is settling into Amish Country. She has found a peaceful life with her roommate and with her beau. When they stumble upon the body of a murdered Amish teen, their Christmas season takes a turn for the worst. Is Timothy's friend involved in the murder? Will the Amish community continue to shut Chloe out? A Plain Disappearance is the third book in Amanda Flower's Appleseed Creek series.


I felt like the characters in this book were really well developed. It seemed as though each of their personalities emerged as the story emerged. The twists and turns just kept coming. Every time I expected the story to level out and start toward a conclusion there was another surprise. The relationship between Chloe and the Chief is certainly an unusual one and I will go back to read the first two books in the series to see how it all began.

While the story is set in an Amish community it doesn't focus much on the Amish aspect. The local cafe gave a homespun feel to the community and the attitudes of the local residents helped to shroud the storyline in mystery. This is a light read with a serious story. It is set at Christmastime but certainly isn't a feel good, warm typical Amish Christmas story. I liked the book and didn't want to set it down until the end. I will keep an eye on Amanda Flower. I hope to see more fiction from her in the near future.

I received a free copy of this book from Handlebar Publishing for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!