And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, October 20, 2013

New Chicken




I am always looking for a new, easy, tasty way to cook chicken. It is our favorite meat in the Carter household. After a while though it can get very boring. I tend to stick to slow cooker recipes because they are usually little to no fuss. When I found Maggi So Juicy I wanted to give it a try. Could it be as easy as putting the chicken in a bag with the seasoning pouch, shaking, and baking in the over? I wasn't sure it would be that simple.....


Now I'm not the best at following instructions. I like to make things my own. It wasn't enough for me to throw in chicken pieces. I tend to buy our chickens whole at the local farmers market. Since that's what I had on hand, that's what I used!


I decided to try the Italian Countryside flavor. I shoved my whole chicken into the included bag and then tossed in the seasoning. 



It was as simple as twisting the bag and shake, shake, shake. I made some homemade mashed potatoes as a side. We had a house guest and I wanted to cook a nice meal for her.


This is Mr. Chicken after his baking. We cooked him about an hour and a half then pulled him out and removed the bag. See all those juices in the pan? The chicken cooked in all of those in the bag. The chicken was SO JUICY! The seasonings look dark in the picture but I can assure you they tasted terrific. With the mashed potatoes it was the perfect meal and our guest was really impressed! Score one for Maggi So Juicy!


Try all 4 flavors to overcome your chicken boredom!

I received free samples of this product from BzzAgent for the purpose of review. I was not required to write a positive review.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!