And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

O' Christmas Tree

Every single year I BEG to put up our Christmas tree early and every year Hubby denies my request. Even when we used an artificial tree he insisted we had to wait until after Thanksgiving. A few years ago we went back to using real trees so he stuck by his Thanksgiving decree. It's become something of a tradition for me to run him out of the house the weekend after Thanksgiving to find me a tree. Then we are all exhausted while we are decorating the tree. Well this year.....Hubby surprised me with a tree early! I was so excited when I came home and saw it! Now I may not be quite so excited when it is totally dry 2 weeks before Christmas but we shall see (anyone else picture the burnt up tree on Christmas Vacation right then?).



So today we turned on Christmas music and decorated our tree. So exciting! And a little sad at the same time because this will be our last Christmas tree in this house. We have to move at the beginning of the year. We'd appreciate your prayers as we hope to move in January. However we are pushing all of that aside right now to enjoy this Christmas as much as we can!



So let's start this season in the right way. It's so important for children of all ages to have some understanding of the story of Jesus and His birth as we celebrate Christmas. This is such a special season as we set aside this time to really focus on His earthly arrival. Too easily Jesus can be swept behind the piles of food and gifts and busyness. Let's keep that from happening in our own families! I've got 3 wonderful Tommy Nelson books to share with you this month. Today let's talk about The Story of Christmas. This is a fat little board book that will fit just right in a toddler's hands. It also has a convenient plastic handle for those toddlers on the go.



The illustrations are bright and colorful, the wording is simple, and the story is timeless. This is the perfect first book to share with your child on the meaning of Christmas. Boys and girls alike will be drawn into the story by the sweet drawings. See a flipbook preview here: http://issuu.com/tnelson/docs/fb_the_story_of_christmas. I can't wait to share this book as a Christmas present for one of my favorite toddlers! For a recommended price of $6.99 it will fit into your budget and would also be perfect for slidding into a stocking!

How would you like to win a copy of this cute Christmas book about the birth of our Savior? To enter just follow the easy Giveaway Tools Widget below.


I received a free copy of this book from Tommy Nelson for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. A Christmas board book?!! That's awesome!! Mr W loves those, would love to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year I am hoping we can act out the Christmas story in the Bible as best as we can! Also I started a tradition last year to make a birthday cake for Jesus and sing Happy Birthday to Him!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!