And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, December 30, 2013

2014

It's coming. It's almost here. 2014 begins THIS WEEK. 2013 really flew right by. I feel like I need some brakes on life. A whole new year already. Just wow.

So I told you a couple of posts back that I thought my word of 2014 would be relax. I really feel God leading me in that direction so that's going to be my resolution. Now relaxation comes in lots of different forms for different people. I'm a traditionalist in most areas and relaxation is no exception.

Now in reality I have a husband, 2 kids, and a giant, slobbering dog so it's more than obvious why I am tense most of the time. However my goal this year is to find some ways to let go of the things I can't control (whew that is tough to even type!) and to find those calm, peaceful moments in the midst of the chaos.

I've started a post of my top few ideas for relaxing and I will share that with you on January 1, 2014. I'm hoping to add to that list of ideas in the coming weeks. I'm trying to be really aware of the moments that I feel the calmest so I can try to recreate them as needed.

I started a little early and we got the Christmas tree and decorations taken down and packed away the day after Christmas. School begins again on Thursday and I'm going to try to take an hour or so tomorrow to clean up our schoolroom a bit and get things organized for our new semester. I'd also like to get the house cleaned up to some extent and do some meal planning before we kick into a full "normal" week next week.

I also did a little couponing yesterday. That might not be relaxing for some people but I can tell you paying full price for toiletries has been making me insane! It's been quite awhile since I've actively couponed so I was excited to ease back into it. I'll share with you in case you are tired of paying full price too!

Walgreens (coupons and sales may vary by region)

Gillette Power ProGlide Fusion razor $9.99 (with Balance Rewards card, I got the free app on my phone yesterday- makes life easier) - $3 coupon from yesterday's P & G insert- $2 Register Reward coupon (good towards future Wags purchase)= $4.99

Pantene Shampoo & Conditioner 2/ $7 (with card)- $3 coupon from yesterday's P & G insert= 2/$4

Always Infinity Pads $3.99- $1 coupon from yesterday's P & G insert= $2.99

Happy couponing/ relaxing/ New Year! What are your resolutions for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!