And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Forced Relaxation

So I shared some tips for relaxing last week. This week let me share ways you may be forced to relax:

1. An ice storm, snow storm, or frigidly cold temps- any of these scenarios could get you stuck in the house for several days. Stuck in the house means you can catch up on chores and projects (see #2), go insane, or relax.

2.  An ice storm, snow storm, or frigidly cold temps- any of these scenarios might also lead to a loss of water and/ or electricity (thankfully ours stayed on) so you might be stuck at home and unable to accomplish many chores and projects.

3. Sickness- say one child woke up at 12:30 last night with a high fever and chest congestion. That might keep you stuck in the house for an additional day or two. Especially if you are also feeling less than stellar.

So for the past few days I've been relaxing a little more than normal. I have a list of things I'd like to accomplish like:

*sewing a project my son requested
*helping Apple set up the sewing machine she got for Christmas
*grocery shopping in order to make some freezer meals
*visiting with friends (which I've vowed to do as part of my journey to a more relaxed existence)
*spending some time outside with the kids prepping for baseball and softball season (but it's just too cold)

Instead I've mostly stayed home. Without water. Except for visiting my grandfather in the hospital (which is the exact opposite of relaxing) I've been here. With the kids. Who are tired of being cooped up. And we needed to go to the library today. But it has to wait due to the fever- sickness. And so I am forced to relax. And as you can probably tell catch up on blogging. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!