And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Guided Pathway


Do you ever have trouble praying? Sometimes I feel like I could pray for days straight and never run out of words to say to God. Other times it's like I'm a dried up well. I've got nothing. I want to pray but I have no words, no song, no feelings. Nothing. During those times I often wish I had a script or notes or a guideline. One idea I've toyed around with is a prayer journal. This is still something I REALLY want to do but never seem to be successful at. I've started at least 10 of them and I never make it very far. So......



Sharon Jaynes has written Praying For Your Husband From Head to Toe. This is like a prayer for dummies book. 30 days of specific prayers to say for your husband to cover him from head to toe and beyond. She has sections each day for different parts of his body including his ring finger (marriage) and side (friends). I love it. It really is just what I need to get me praying for Hubby. His job is dangerous and sometimes he works nights. I have a really hard time sleeping while he is gone. With this book I can make sure I am praying for him without being that dry well. I think the thing I love about it the most is as I read the scriptures and written prayers I often find my soul bubbling up with more and more prayers for him, for our marriage, for our kids, for our current situations, etc. So this is like the great starting point for an even bigger prayer time. 


I mentioned prayer as one of my relaxing methods. It is truly one of the best ways to relieve worry (as long as you aren't having a dry well moment). Prayer is the one way to hand all those stresses over to God and His divine plan. I want to encourage you to pray more in 2014. Don't feel like it has to be a big production. You don't have to have a journal, a cup of coffee, and an hour of quiet time (although that is nice!). Just take a few minutes to talk with God. Tell Him your troubles. Ask for His providence. Lift up loved ones to Him. If you are interested in covering your husband fully in prayer I recommend this book.

I received a free copy of this book from Booksneeze in exchange for my honest review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!