And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Inside the Storm


I told you in a previous post about the introduction to Sheila Walsh's newest book The Storm Inside. Now that I've read a few chapters I just wanted to share a little more about the book with you. In the each of the 10 chapters, Sheila deals with a chaotic feeling that we can easily let take over our lives.

I've read through chapter 3. I'll be honest normally I would've conquered a book this size in a few days. This one is definitely taking me longer. I just feel the need to digest every passage. I can't just zoom through it like a fictional story or even skim through like most non-fiction books. I need to pick it apart, deal with the feelings that come up, share it with someone, and then move on to the next passage.



Chapters 1, 2, and 3 cover heartbreak, disappointment, and unforgiveness. Heavy topics. Great, great writing by Walsh covering how to take those emotions and deal with them and covering what God wants from us during those times. I shared a little of the message in Chapter 2: Disappointment to Hope with my Sunday School class this morning. I am looking forward to sharing more with them in the future.

When this book hits shelves on February 11 (great Valentine's gift btw) there will also be a small group guide available!

I will continue sharing about The Storm Inside over the next few weeks. You can pre-order via Amazon.

I received a free advance copy of this book as a member of the launch team. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!