And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Romance and Hockey


Susan May Warren returns to the Christiansen Family with It Had to Be You. This book follows Eden as she tries to handle her own life, mama bird over her brother Owen's life, and control everything around her. When hockey player Jace keeps showing up in her life she must decide whether to open up to a friendship with the bad boy who is a good guy deep down. Jace is fighting his own battles and doesn't really want a friendship or anything else with Eden either. Can they work past their own judgements of one another?

Owen is a hockey player and Eden is an obit writer. I must admit it took me a little while to get into this story with all of its hockey talk and twists and turns. It's so much easier to get into a book with a southern setting because it seems familiar. However I'm glad I stuck with this book. The story is very good (possibly a bit verbose) and the characters really grow on the reader after awhile. The side stories of Maddy (a sick little girl who needs a miracle) and a John Doe in a coma are heart wrenching. This is not your typical feel good romance by any means. It's much deeper than that with all of the characters battling their own deep issues. 

This is a relaxing read. It does take a little concentration in the beginning but there aren't too many mysteries to figure out or edge of your seat moments. It is perfect for those that love gentle reads with a little romance to them. The book also includes a Free Series Prequel inside. I must say the Christiansen family has intrigued me and now I feel inclined to read the other books in the series to learn more about them. It Had to Be You releases on January 17, 2014.

I received a free copy of this book from Tyndale Blog Network for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!