And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Friday, February 28, 2014

Blueberries, Chimes, and a Man in the Mountains

I received a free copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.


A Stillness of Chimes, what a lovely title! The cover caught my eye and when I saw that the author was Meg Moseley, I knew I wanted to read this new Christian fiction. I wasn't sure what to expect with such a title and the photo of blueberry stained hands but I wanted to find out what was between the covers. I've enjoyed Moseley's previous books like Gone South. Her book aren't typical Christian romance or even typical Christian mystery. This one is a lovely mixture of both with a dark edge to it.

The story is of Laura. Laura moved from her hometown of Prospect years ago but now she's come back to Georgia after her mother's passing to settle her affairs and sort through her belongings. As soon as Laura returns to town she finds herself face to face with her childhood best friend and high school sweetheart Sean. Sean has some interesting news for her. There are rumors in town that Laura's father has been spotted alive. He was thought to have drowned before Laura ever left Prospect. Have the imaginations of the locals just run wild or is there truth to the rumors?

As Laura sorts through her mother's belongings she seems to find more questions that answers. She isn't the only one back in town to struggle with family issues. Her other bff Cassie is also in Prospect to try to help her own mother and father. Will Laura and Sean reconcile? Will her father Elliot be found alive? Will all the mysteries be solved? For sure there is a dark twist to some of the story. I don't think you will be disappointed with the quick moving surprise ending. 

I was feeling badly yesterday and managed to read the book from start to finish in a couple of hours while I was resting. It definitely holds some intrigue and every plot twist and turn kept me turning the pages. I think you will enjoy A Stillness of Chimes too especially if you love a good mystery.

You can find Meg Moseley on Facebook and Twitter.

I received a free copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!