And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, February 1, 2014

On Their Level

Small children just can't keep still long and they don't stay focused on one subject for very long either. When they are little you have to do things to keep them interested. We've used a lot of games and manipulatives over the years during our homeschool time. Keeping things on their level is the best way to teach them.

















Just like with school work, Bible stories are best learned on level.


Jesus and Me Bible Storybook is a book full of Bible stories (over 60!) designed for 2-7 year old boys and girls. Jesus and Me is a bright, colorful hard back book that will easily draw the attention of a child. Published by Tommy Nelson and written by Stephen Elkins, this fun Bible story book was illustrated by Claudine Gevry. The cute, colorful illustrations are eye catching and engaging.

Speedy has been reading me stories from it. He wanted to find the story of Jesus teaching in the temple when he was young. He was so excited to go through the table of contents and find "Where did Jesus teach as a boy?" on page 22. He flipped to it and began to read. After he finished the one page story and short "Jesus and Me" section on the facing page, he flipped to the back and found the map of Jerusalem. He read me the names of each of the places listed on the map and then we discussed how to pinpoint places on the map using the letter, number grid. 

Anytime my son can read me a Bible story my heart smiles. I know that as he reads these familiar stories to me again and again (sometimes from various Bible story books) he is committing them to memory. Now that he's a little older we can compare versions of a particular story and then compare those to the actual text from the Bible. What a great way to keep ourselves soaked in the Word!

If you'd like to win a copy of the Jesus and Me Bible Storybook please enter via the Giveaway Tools widget. You can see a special preview of the book here


I received a free copy of this book as a Tommy Mommy for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.





8 comments:

  1. My son has not drawn a picture of Jesus yet. My ask him who his best friend is and he will say Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son has not drawn a picture of jesus. At least not one that I have seen. It is possible he has drawn one in school

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys usually draw Jesus with a big brown beard and brown hair and usually a blue robe/clothing.
    marypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com
    Merry

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sons are still a little too young to draw him but they always say Jesus Loves Me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son is a little young to draw Jesus or act him out, but he really likes reading the stories of Jesus, especially the one when He calms the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't believe I have ever seen my niece or nephew draw pics of Jesus before but they love their Bible stories my nephew reads to them nightly

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son doesn't draw pictures of Jesus yet but he does always pray before meal time and bed time. It's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter doesn't draw pictures of Jesus yet, but she does give him kisses when she sees his picture.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!