And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Trading Chaos


I just wanted to remind you one more time that The Storm Inside: Trade the Chaos of How You Feel for the Truth of Who You Are is now available. I am still being touched by this book even weeks after finishing it. 

Sheila Walsh has done 5 webcasts on topics from this book and all 5 are now available to view for free here: http://www.womenoffaith.com/thestorminside/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=TheStormInside-ep5&utm_term=email&utm_campaign=Webcast&utm_content=20140225#sthash.FtzOaRDr.dpbs. She is joined by some of her friends as they hash out these tough topics. 

I just finished watching the 5th one and Lisa Harper talks about women in addiction programs facing the same issues like shame as women living in high class neighborhoods carrying expensive handbags. Again God is just really opening my eyes to the fact that all the internal comparison we do is for naught. We are all facing the same struggles, maybe not at the exact same time or in the exact same scenario but we do all struggle.

The thing is that as a woman I know I'm going to have to re-train my brain. Just yesterday we pulled up to a store and as a woman in front of me exited her car I thought,"Wow she has great hair. It is so much nicer than mine. I wish my hair looked like that." And then I had to laugh at myself a little. I have enough good friends to know we all covet one another's hair. I have super thick hair that seems unruly most of the time, I wish I had straight hair. My friend with straight hair hates that hers is so fine and she longs for thick hair with some wave to it. Ahem. 

I'm also realizing that the constant toxic dialogue in my mind of worrying about what others are thinking about me is just ridiculous. #1 They probably aren't thinking that much about me at all. #2 Why would they care about all the little nit picky things I'm driving myself crazy about? #3 If they do, who cares??? Why do I care???

So....stop comparing! Let go of your shame. Listen to these free webcasts and see what truths God will whisper to your heart.

I received a free copy of The Storm Inside as a member of the launch team. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!