And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Get Ready with Riley Mae!

I received a free copy of this book for the purpose of review from BookLook. All opinions are my own.

Riley Mae is up to new adventures as the spokesgirl for an athletic shoe line for girls. After her first set of adventures in Riley Mae and the Rock Shocker Trek, this time she's off to a secret hideout in Montana for Riley Mae and the Ready Eddy Rapids. This second installment in The Good News Shoes series includes more surprises, mysteries, and adventure! Here's what Apple has to say about this latest book from Jill Osborne:



"This second book is perfect. Like the first book it's based on Christianity. I love that. The book is perfect for Christians because Riley Mae is a Christian. The book reminds me of my crazy life! I like how this one picks right up where the first book ended. I like how it has some mystery in it too!"

Apple has also told me she feels like she can't relate to Riley Mae because things don't usually turn out the way she expects them too. While Riley Mae does encounter plenty of adventures these books have a wholesome theme and are easy reading for the tween crowd. As I said with the first book, the idea of being a spokesperson for a shoe company is one that easily catches Apple's attention and it helps that the main character is a softball loving, outgoing, adventure seeker. The discussions about Jesus and Christianity make this mama's heart happy!

Like Apple, I can't wait for more books from this series to be published! Special thanks to Zondervan for bringing such a great new series!

I received a free copy of this book for the purpose of review from BookLook. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!