And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Limited Edition Fresh Fabulousness!

I'm so glad to be one of the first to try the newest Purex Crystals (I got a bottle for free from Purex Insiders for the purpose of review). Introducing Purex Crystals Limited Edition Fabulously Fresh:





I have loved every scent that Purex Crystals has had and this one is no exception. In fact I think it is my all time favorite! This scent is so flowery and so spring like it is chasing the winter blues right out of the Carter house. 

I want to share with you what I did to make my new favorite scent last even longer. I've been using the Duggar recipe for liquid laundry detergent for a few years. You can view the recipe on their blog here: http://duggarsblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/duggar-recipe-liquid-laundry-soap.html. Did you know you can use Purex Crystals to add fragrance to your homemade detergent? Here's how:




First lay out all your tools and ingredients. I keep the pot, measuring cup, grater, funnel, and scraper in my laundry room and only use them to make detergent. You need Borax, Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (both of those are in the "laundry mix" bag- I pre-measure and make those bags when I buy the ingredients), and a Fels-Naptha bar. Don't forget your Purex Crystals!


Grating the bar of soap. Takes mere minutes but you can use a food processor I hear. When I make several batches at once (for family and friends) I enlist the kids to grate soap.


Bring it to a boil with 4 cups of hot water. You are melting the soap here. Don't walk away because this will quickly boil over and make a soapy mess!


This is where I add the Purex Crystals. When most of the soap has melted add in a capful (or 2 like I did!) and let it continue to heat up. I had my stove on Med-Med High at this point. Once it is melted head to your 5 gallon bucket with your bag of powder mix.


You need to fill the bucket about halfway up with hot water and then pour in your powders and your soap/ Purex Crystals mix. I have been doing this a long time but accidentally put in the powders before the water this time. It still works fine but I will be mixing much more as I use this detergent.


After it is all well mixed fill the bucket the rest of the way up with hot water. I made another mistake and overfilled this time. I was in a rush and will make sure I am careful next time!


Sit the lid on your bucket but do not snap down! Your detergent needs to sit and set overnight. 


Now I have some fantastic smelling detergent (10 gallons worth!) and I still have lots of Purex Crystals Limited Edition Fabulously Fresh left to enhance the rest of my laundry! I enjoy Purex Crystals because they eliminate odor and give your laundry a lasting fresh scent.

Now for your favorite part:


I have 3 coupons good for a FREE bottle of Purex Crystals to give away to 3 lucky winners! Enter via the Giveaway Tools widget below.



I received a free bottle of Purex Crystals from Purex Insiders for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own. Google

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to smell fresh cut grass, this winter in NE Ohio has been never-ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite spring scent is gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  3. the smell of freshly mowed grass :)
    thanks

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!