And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Pink and Flowery and Girly and Godly

I received a free copy of the Young Women of Faith Bible from BookLook for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

Since I didn't grow up in a family that attended church regularly, I don't remember having my own Bible until I was a teenager. By that time I had been going to church steadily for a few years with friends but when I got really involved in a boyfriend's church I felt ashamed that I didn't have my own Bible to carry with me. (Maybe that's why I feel the need to fill my house with Bibles!) So I went into a Bible book store alone and I remember feeling so intimidated. The only Bibles they had were pretty much plain with simulated leather coverings and I was so surprised by how expensive they were! Anyhow I was convicted to get one and so I did, a maroon covered NKJV with my name printed on the outside. I loved that Bible (plain or not) and I still have it although the binding is falling apart. It felt like such a sacred book (and it absolutely is!) but I was almost afraid to "overuse" it and I feared ruining it.

Now of course I know that all those worries were just a part of the new experience of being a Christian but I want my kids to be completely comfortable with the Bible. I don't want them to be afraid to read it, absorb it, make notes and highlight if they need to. I also want them to feel like their Bibles are their personal books from God because they are! So now that you have a little more insight into my obsession with Bibles, let me tell you about another amazing one I have found!



:) NIV- a long time ago I decided this was the best version for me
when I'm just reading the Bible. If I'm really studying I like to have several
versions in front of me (including a NKJV) but to just read and listen to God's 
Word I find NIV to be the best (obvs that is a very personal decision)

:) Pink and Flowery and Butterfly laden to appeal to the tween crowd

:) Hardback which is awesome for an at home Bible for reading God's story 

:) Designed to engage your tween daughter

:) It says Women of Faith, I <3 faith="" of="" women="">

:) Includes a great "My Story" page for your girl to fill in some personal info

:) Has maps! We love maps! Homeschool nerds unite!

:) Has a 63 page Concordance in the back. That's HUGE and amazing for studying

:) Speaking of Studying there is a "Weekly Studies Index" Mmmhmmm

:) Includes a Table of Weights and Measures (great for when Apple asks me what a ephah equals- check the table!)

:) Weekly Study Notes for reading through the Bible in a year. Bam!

:) Journal entries from other tweens and places for your tween to do her own journaling

:) And so so so much more that I couldn't possible tell you all of it!

Truly one of the better Bibles I have seen for young girls and I know I tell you they all are great but that's because I only fill you in on the very best ones. I wish I'd had a Young Women of Faith Bible when I was a tween! Hey I wish I had a Women of Faith Bible right now! I hear the 2 mesh together in case you want to do a Bible study with your tween! How great would that be for some homeschool Bible time?!?! 


I received a free copy of the Young Women of Faith Bible from BookLook for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!