And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Home Stretch

We are in the home stretch now. I can look at my homeschool planner and not feel overwhelmed. We only have a few weeks left of our "book work." Once I had a doctor tell me that a certain situation was a marathon, not a sprint. That's so true in so many areas of life. I'm one to want to rush to complete things. I like checking them off of my to do list.

I can't rush through schooling my kids though. I have the same "want to" in this area but it just doesn't work. This time teaching my kids is special, it's important, and I want to be intentional about enjoying as much of it as I can. That being said I know realistically that we will have hard years, bad years, years of tears, and they will be set off by laughter, joy, excitement, and fun.




So I am looking at my planner with a smile. We can't rush through these next few weeks (although it might feel that way with a flurry of baseball, softball, choir, special church programs, and school year end), and they might not be super fun, but we will make it. I'm looking ahead to a summer of some fun. I'm looking ahead to vacation. I'm looking ahead to VBS, the pool, time with friends, and some quiet mornings of coffee and my Bible to reinvigorate myself before the fall semester begins.

So I encourage you to look ahead with a smile too. Don't get too overwhelmed with buying curriculum and planning for 2014-2015. Find some time to enjoy the sunshine (we're finally getting some in TN, I have a wicked ball field "tan" already), enjoy the moments of laughter, and "plan" for some fun this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!