And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, April 5, 2014

How About a Trip to the Beach?

I was just telling my kids the other day that we never really took family vacations when I was a kid. We went camping a lot and we did take a trip to Chicago once but we never went to the big theme parks or any other typical family vacations. I did take a few trips with my best friend's family when I was a teen though. Once we got to go on a big trip to Myrtle Beach with her extended family. They rented a house right on the beach and I just thought it was the most awesome trip ever. We played in the ocean and sat on the sand for about a week. I think we only went out to eat once because her dad and uncle grilled up fresh seafood (even shark!) every night. It was such a fun vacation and the only time I've ever visited South Carolina. I often tell my husband that I'd love to go back there some day. The kids and I love the beach and I know they'd enjoy seeing the Atlantic Ocean for the first time!

A throwback photo from a previous trip to Gulf Shores


Now that Spring has sprung (more or less) are you thinking ahead to your family's summer vacation? How'd you like to go for FREE? That'd be awesome, right? Well Purex wants to send one family of 4 on a paid vacation to Myrtle Beach! Woot woot! You can enter now through April 30, 2014 for your chance to win. The trip includes a stay at the newly renovated Crown Reef Resort. This place looks SO VERY FABULOUS for a family trip. They have a water park at the resort on the beach! My kids would LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Please use my unique url to enter:  Start Summer Early and Win!. This package is valued at $4,999. You can read the terms & conditions here.



What are your favorite beach activities? Personally I love just sitting on the beach watching the water and enjoying the kids enjoying it. They love to play in the sand, dig, build castles, etc. and to use little nets to catch sea life with Hubby. Hubby is not a huge beach person but he does like to fish and he tolerates it because we love it so much. Speedy loved the ocean the last time we went and Apple enjoyed playing in the surf. They are both water babies like I was as a child and seem to get the same peaceful feeling around water that I've always had. 

If you are interested in becoming a Purex Insider you can apply here: www.purexinsiders.com.


I did not receive any free productions or compensation for this post but I will be entered into a drawing for prizes.


Google

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!