And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, April 21, 2014

Worth the Wait

Yay! Book 4 in the Amish Vines and Orchards series has finally released! I shared my review of Book 3 in the series back last September. Then I went back and read the first two books and then I impatiently waited for early April. I was so excited when I was offered the opportunity to review Seasons of Tomorrow (for free from Blogging for Books).


Cindy Woodsmall certainly has me hooked on these characters. There's Rhoda (the canning expert with a keen intuition) and Samuel (Rhoda's ex-fiance's brother and her business partner) and their very complicated romance. Will Jacob (Samuel's brother, Rhoda's ex-fiance, & the other business partner in the Orchard Bend Farms) ever return to Maine and can they ever get his approval to be married? Then there is Landon (the Englischer who has always been Rhoda's assistant) and Leah (little sister of Samuel and Jacob) and their secret love. How can their relationship ever work? Last but not least are the other founding members of the new Orchard Bend Old Order Amish settlement- Stephen (Rhoda's brother) and his wife Phoebe (and their children of course). Will Stephen be in trouble for all of the chaos brewing in Orchard Bend? 

On reason I enjoy Woodsmall's writing is that she always has unique twists and turns. Some author's use a pattern for every book and so the mysteries become too simple to figure out after you've read a couple of their works. Woodsmall's books always keep me guessing until the very end and I enjoy that. She also portrays Amish life in a unique way. All of her characters are not living "traditional" Amish lives. The smooth blend of her writing along with her very gentle read romances (really not romance novels at all- just stories that include folks that happen to fall in love) make her books a joy to read. If you haven't read the latest installment in the Amish Orchards and Vines series or if you haven't read any of them- get your hands on it now! Perfect vacation reads!



I enjoyed a free copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!