And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Cheerleader Journalist is on the Case

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”


Faithgirlz has another new series on the rise. Meet Samantha "Sam" Sanderson the daughter of a police detective and international journalist. Sam is a cheerleader and a writer for her middle school newspaper and blog. She and her BFF Makayla are on the case of a bomb found at a local movie theater in Samantha Sanderson At the Movies by Robin Carroll.  


Sam, Makayla, and all the other characters in the book are a bit too perfect with all of their extracurricular activities. In real life I'm sure Kevin wouldn't have time to be "the most popular guy in school, the star of the football team, president of the student council, captain of the debate team, and leader of the Alpha gifted program." While the characters may be a bit over the top, this is a fun read for the tween age. The mystery of who planted the bomb along with the suspicion that someone was trying to shut down the viewing of a Christian movie makes for a clean fiction. Apple always enjoys a good mystery and this was no exception.

As a mom, you know I prefer for Apple to read Christian fiction. With the Faithgirlz books, I know I don't have to worry about the content. I think this book has opened Apple's eyes to some of the real problems Christians face like court cases against displaying the Ten Commandments. I also love that the investigative process for a news article is really presented here. Sam has to interview and research for her daily bomb articles. She also calls on her friend for internet research. A good fiction read should always teach us a little something new.

Keep your eyes here for the review of the second book in this series Samantha Sanderson On the Scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!