And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Cheerleader Journalist is on the Scene

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”





Yesterday I told you about the first book in a new Faithgirlz series. You can read what I thought about Samantha Sanderson At the Movies. Today let me tell you about the second book Samantha Sanderson On the Scene from Robin Carroll. In this second installment, the main character Sam continues her sleuthing. This time her case involves some anonymous bullying happening to a fellow journalist.

Apple enjoyed this book as well. This series contains a hint of mystery which is one of Apple's favorite genres. The main characters are very girly and Sam's dad is a detective which helps Apple relate to her since her dad is in law enforcement too. Again Sam's best friend Makayla helps with the technological sleuthing measures.

On the Scene didn't include the out of this world long resumes of Sam's fellow students so I found it more believable. Some of the students are facing very real personal situations (parents divorcing, sports injuries, etc) and bullying is addressed but all in all this is still a fairly light read. Tweens are sure to be engaged by the story of Samantha helping a girl who isn't all that kind to her.

I'm looking forward to future books in this series!

I received a free copy of this book for the purpose of review from the BookLook program. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!