And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, July 19, 2014

All About Mary

I received a free copy of this book from BookLook for the purpose of review


Mary- mother of Jesus. Wouldn't you love to have a conversation with her? I'd love to sit down with her and a hot cup of coffee and just chat. I'd want to ask her how she dealt with being pregnant before marriage. I'd want to know how Jesus behaved as a baby. And of course I'd want to hold her hand and ask her how her faith was during his persecution. And of course how she felt after the resurrection. Wouldn't that be an interesting chat!

Of course I can't sit down with Mary. I can learn more about her life though and let my children learn more about her as well. Nancy I. Sanders continues her full color biographies for kids with Get to Know Mary. This is the latest in the series that I've been reviewing for you. You can see more about David, Paul, and Jesus in my previous reviews. Like those books, this one contains scripture, maps, fun facts, vocabulary, beautiful photos and works of art. All of those elements make these little books so visually appealing!


As with the others there are 12 chapters in the book and an extended resource section in the back. The table of contents makes it easy to navigate through the sections of detail about Mary's life from being born in Nazareth to the day of Pentecost. Sanders combines information she has gathered from Biblical accounts and historical artifacts and documents.

All of these little biographies are wonderful resources for learning more about key people from Christian history. These will be big helps during our homeschool time and I've learned several things from reading each one myself! I love that so much information is packed into each one and as I said before that it is presented in such a visually appealing manner. I hope this series continues and that I will be able to bring you more reviews on these in the future.

I received a free copy of this book from BookLook for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!