And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, July 28, 2014

Meal Plan #4

Gasp! Totally meant to post my meal plan over the weekend and I forgot. I even thought about it briefly last night but we were beginning school today so I just got busy preparing for this morning. I do apologize if you came looking for it and it wasn't here.


I must admit we've had a few nights that I didn't make the meal from the plan. We either ate leftovers or ate with family. We are also beginning our Wednesday nights at church soon and there is always a meal before service so you may see that I begin to mark Wednesday nights as non-cooking nights. I will also have a week soon when I will be filling in the meals that we didn't make along the way. Anyhow I hope you are enjoying these meal plans and that they will help you as you prepare dinners for your own family. My grocery bill Friday was much higher than normal but I needed to replace several staples that we had run out of (sugar, flour, etc.). Over time I hope this will prove to be a very cost effective meal plan system but for now I still feel like it is in testing mode.



Monday- Slow cooker Chicken, Bacon, Ranch   (update- We tried this and my family didn't love it. It won't be on our meal plan rotation anymore.)

Tuesday- Crab Pasta Salad- cold salad you can throw almost anything into. We love to use penne pasta cooked and drained and rinsed with cold water along with imitation crab chunks, mayo, ranch dressing, salt, pepper, celery, olives, pimentos, and shredded cheddar. You could also add peas, onion, bell pepper, almost anything. I like to make it early in the morning and refrigerate all day then serve with crackers. 

Wednesday- Meatball Subs- Very easy meal that we often eat for lunch on Sundays- frozen bag of meatballs in the slow cooker with your favorite sauce. We had a discussion about meatballs on the Carter Chaos Facebook page and chili sauce came up often. I plan to try some chili sauce and a can of cranberry sauce as recommended by Ashley. Yum yum! Serve on sub rolls alone or with your favorite toppings and spreads.

Thursday- Salmon Patties- Forever I made these the traditional way. Then I found a baked salmon patty recipe in an old cookbook and it changed my method. You can search "baked salmon patties" and find many recipes but really I make mine the same as the fried version only baked on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350 until they are brown on the outside. Time depends on how thick you make the patties. I use canned salmon, green onion, crumbled crackers, an egg, salt, pepper, and a dash of hot sauce.

Friday- Stuffed Shells- A friend shared this recipe with me. Read the comments on this one. She said it usually makes 2 meals for their family (one to eat and one to freeze). The recipe doesn't call for any meat but I will be using ground beef in ours. 

Saturday- Sloppy Joes- I do this the easy way- brown ground beef, drain, mix with a can of sloppy joe mix and serve on buns. For a more homemade flavor here is the Pioneer Woman's recipe recommended by a friend.

Sunday- Baked Potato Bar- baked potatoes with all the toppings including some chili. Done.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!