And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, July 28, 2014

Sharing a Piece of the Past

I received a free book from BookLook for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.


I always enjoy sharing things with my kids that I enjoyed in my own childhood. As some friends and I discussed over the weekend, many of the movies we watched as children in the '80s are totally inappropriate! It makes me sad that so many I remember as favorites are full of curse words and other less than child- friendly content. A lot of the favorite toys from our decade have come back around and it's fun to watch Speedy play with TMNT. I also enjoy sharing books with them that I enjoyed. Apple loves a good Nancy Drew mystery and both kids have enjoyed The Berenstain Bears over the years.


Leveled I Can Read books are fun and Speedy still enjoys them. While he can read high above Level 1, he really liked this 3-in-1 book set God Shows the Way by Stan & Jan Berenstain with Mike Berenstain. In these 3 stories the Bears face the unknown, fear, and a lesson in money management. They learn that to have faith in God, that God never leaves us, and that saving money as the Bible teaches us can lead to a huge blessing.

The cute Berenstain Bears haven't changed much over the years. The illustrations look the same and the lessons are still wholesome. I don't remember too many Bible verses in the ones I read as a kid but I sure love that they are in these new ones! These are the kind of books we love to see on our kids' nightstands at bedtime because we know they will fill their minds with thoughts of the Lord.

This book will release August 5, 2014.

I received a free copy of this book from BookLook for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!