And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Using What You've Got

I received this book for free fromBlogging for Books for this review.




Back when we had cable Food Network was one of my favorite channels. Alton Brown is for sure my favorite although I enjoy several of the other cooks and shows. It's been a few years since I've spent any time watching Food Network but I still enjoy perusing their website for recipes and checking out their cookbooks. I've never seen the show Chopped but the tagline on The Chopped Cookbook says "Use what you've got to cook something great." Hey that sounds like a plan! 


Now the one drawback I've always seen in Food Network recipes is that they use ingredients that I normally can't find or can't afford. The suggested list of items to keep in the pantry does include some items that fall into those categories. However it also includes mostly items I do always have in the kitchen. 

I will try several recipes from this book including the Meat and Potatoes Quiche, Pretzel-Mustard-Crusted Pork Tenderloin Sliders, and the Spicy Taco Salad. These all sound very tasty and not too hard. There are just as many recipes (if not more) that I probably won't ever try. If you have extra room on your cookbook shelf and love new ideas then checkout The Chopped Cookbook. If you are looking for a cookbook full of family friendly recipes and want to use every recipe then I'd probably skip this one. It is also available in digital format which may be a better version to save space.


All in all the Food Network shows and cookbooks always have something to offer. The new meal ideas and fabulous food photos make this a welcome add to my cookbook shelf....even if it was already overflowing.....



I received this book for free fromBlogging for Books for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!