And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Get Ready for the Riot #FiveKTape





These are my besties. Note that they are trimmer than me and this was a couple of years ago. They are still trimmer than me and I've gone a bit backwards in my health and fitness goals. Sometimes baseball, softball, soccer, choir, church, and everything else gets in the way of my workout time. Not just sometimes...lots of the time. So the one on the end there with the biggest bicep...she has challenged the other BFF and I to participate in an obstacle course in a few months. We've got to start training. HARD. Especially me. We have another super fit friend that is pushing us as well.

So join me as I review a few products (that I am receiving free in exchange for an honest review) as I GET READY FOR THE RIOT. I've got a couple of products lined up already and today we are starting with 5KTape. Have you heard of Kinesiology tape? I have seen people with it on before and wondered why in the world they had tape on their arm or leg. I found out there's loads of research and videos available online for athlete taping. Basically this tape provides stability for muscles and joints to relieve pressure and pain as you run and workout.

I started out watching a few videos on Youtube for usage instructions and information. I decided to start out trying it on my knees since I have the most trouble with those (I've told you in the past about some amazing insole inserts that I've tried that certainly help with the problems). As I workout more and fight to lose weight my knees are always a concern. So I watched the videos then pulled out my 5KTape to give it a try.

First of all you get 2 rolls with this promotion! Woohoo! This should definitely last me until our Riot.

Second I was jazzed to see this 5KTape is premeasured and cut into convenient strip sizes. This tape is super sticky so I wasn't wanting to involve my scissors.


You can see it is spit down the middle as well. Kinesiology tape is super stretchy and is made to form right to your body. I've seen it applied to arms, legs, back, knees, shoulders. It needs to be flexible and easy to use for a multitude of areas. I haven't tried any other brands but I can assure you this 5KTape is versatile.









When you start watching application videos you will see you need to remove the end of one side to begin. The tape comes with convenient lines on the back to help you remove a piece to begin. 





It's easy to fold the piece back and forth across a line the tear the paper backing to remove a small strip.



This was my first time applying. I followed the instructions on the video and I got relief from this tape pattern but as with anything I think my taping technique will improve with practice. This knee was bothering me after a Zumba class and I was able to tape it the next day and go for our family walk. I also left the tape on the following day after a shower. I pulled it off that night although I've heard it can last up to 3 days.


Different view of my beautiful taping job.


So here's what you need to know specifically about 5KTape:


  • Waterproof
  • Breathable 95% cotton, 5% nylon tape
  • Hypoallergenic 
  • Provides stability and support for muscles and joints
  • Reduce pain and inflammation
  • Improve circulation
I'll be keeping you informed as I try new uses for this tape and I will certainly be updating you as I get ready for the riot.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!