And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, August 4, 2014

Meal Plan #5

Again I'm a day behind. So sorry about that. We had a yard sale pretty much all day Friday and Saturday. Yesterday was church and recuperating.

Because it was our first week of school and we had the yard sale, my meals again got a little off track but I have to tell you having the ingredients in the house for at least 7 meals is making a big difference. We don't have to run to get fast food 2 or 3 nights a week. I can go in the kitchen and throw something together in the slow cooker or in a hurry. Without further ado here is my plan for this week.....


Monday- Roasted Chicken- We actually did this one day last week because my daughter accidentally thawed out the whole chicken instead of chicken breasts. Whole chicken (defrosted) sat on top of 2 big aluminum foil balls in the slow cooker. Cover with your favorite seasonings (we used italian seasoning) and spray with your favorite oil (we spritzed with veggie oil). Cook time will vary based on size of the chicken. It tasted amazing and I served it with greens, mashed potatoes, and homemade sourdough bread. 

Tuesday- Hawaiian pork chops- Easy to do in the slow cooker. I cover mine with a can of pineapple slices juice and all. You can also add in some teriyaki sauce or soy sauce for a deeper flavor. 

Wednesday- Baked Ziti- There is the recipe I plan to try. We actually have potluck at church on Wednesday night so I hope to make a pan to take and a pan to freeze.

Thursday- Nachos- ground beef, tortilla chips, fiesta cheese, guacamole, salsa, black beans, olives, whatever you want to add. I usually pile it all on a cookie sheet and bake it a few minutes.

Friday- Red beans and rice- This meal is really subjective. I used to subscribe to e-meals and I got a recipe from them that I use. Google or check Pinterest to find a recipe that you'd like to try. We always put sausage in ours. 

Saturday- Philly Steak sandwiches- You can use Steak 'ums or flat iron steak to create your own philly steak. Throw in some soy sauce and worchestershire for flavor. Of course serve with onions and bell pepper for an authentic flavor.

Sunday- BLTs. Bacon. Lettuce. Tomato. Nuff said.

Are you planning along with me? Have you tried any of the meals I've posted? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!