And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Meal Plan #6

I'm not even going to apologize for posting late anymore.....sigh.




Without any further ado:

Monday- Teriyaki Chicken- you can do this in the slow cooker or in the oven. We like the teriyaki marinade and sauce. It's a little thinner than the sauce. Pour some over your chicken. Throw in sriracha or rice vinegar and/ or soy sauce for a deeper flavor. Cook and serve with rice. We always throw in some stir fry veggies too.

Tuesday- Baked Chimis- I found this recipe on Pinterest and my family loves it. Especially my very picky son.

Wednesday- Pepperoncini Roast- There are lots of versions of this out there. The simplest is to use a good beef roast, put it in the slow cooker, cover with a jar of sliced pepperoncinis. We serve it on buns with mayo or ranch and provolone or swiss cheese. It is spicy but oh so good. You can also throw in beef broth, ranch powder, or a number of other items. Very versatile!

Thursday- Chef Salad- Your favorite lettuce blend, chopped hard boiled eggs, deli meat, cheese, you get the idea.

Friday- Chili- Everyone has their own favorite chili recipe. I make it in big batches to freeze or use with other meals.

Saturday- Hot Dogs- Go great with leftover chili and slaw.

Sunday- Omelet Casserole- This is named something else on my menu but it is a recipe from a dear, dear friend. I'm going to print exactly what she sent me and then fill you in on a little change I tried.

1 lb. Cheese, shredded
2 c. cooked, chopped ham-you could use chunks of ham or slices of ham torn up.  I use whatever I have.
1/2 c. melted butter (I usually omit this and it does just fine)
1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 dozen eggs
salt and pepper, to taste
1 pint cottage cheese (this is what makes it really good!)
1/2 c. milk

Mix flour and baking powder. Beat eggs and season with salt and pepper (this can be done in the blender). Add cottage cheese and milk to eggs. Add 1/2 cup butter, if desired.  Sprinkle ham and cheese in the bottom of a greased 13x9 casserole dish.  Top with egg mixture.  Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, then lower to 350 and bake 15 more minutes or until puffed and golden on top.  If you find that this doesn't seem to have set, and it still very shaky, then bake it for another 5-10 minutes at 350.  Sometimes I have to do this, and sometimes I don't.  I will say, the more cheese you use the less set it seems to be.  I can't stick a toothpick in and have it come out clean because of the cheese and cottage cheese.  Just check the center shakiness, and it will be telling.

Isn't she awesome?? So I made this ham omelet several times in the last couple of years. Last week I decided to make it (for lunch one day) using sausage instead. Y'all.....I can't even explain. As I told dear JH SHUT. THE. FRONT. DOOR. It is amazing with sausage. Try it. You'll love it. Your family will love it. They will eat it all in one day and then cry when there aren't leftovers the next day. Really.That's why I'm making it again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!