And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Meal Plan #7



Monday- Baked Hamburger Steak- Pretty sure that is my most "repinned" Pinterest Pin. Click the link for my "recipe." 

Tuesday- French Bread Pizza- Another super easy and versatile meal. So easy that Apple (who is 9) can make it pretty much solo. We buy loaves of French bread at the store (the fat ones, not the long skinny ones), slice in half, spread on your own marinara sauce or buy a jar of pizza sauce to use, cover with pizza cheese blend, add on your favorite toppings. We usually do a cheese one and a pepperoni one. We throw on olives if we're feeling fancy. Then just pop them in the oven on 350 for 15- 20 minutes or until the cheese is all nice and melty. Oh one more ingredient...no matter what pizza sauce we use, Apple likes to put pizza seasoning on it too. I have a really hard time finding the pizza seasoning blend but we like to keep it on hand. It does add extra flavor.

Wednesday- Taco Soup- Click the link for my recipe. 

Thursday- Frito Chili Pie- Long before Sonic put this on their menu, my great granddaddy taught me this recipe. Heat up chili (I'm using leftovers from what I made last week), put Fritos in the bottom of your bowl, pour on chili, and top with as much cheese as you can stand. If your chili is hot enough the cheese will melt and oh boy oh boy! Definitely one of my comfort food favorites and perfect since it feels like fall is well on the way! 

Friday- Orange Chicken with Rice- This is one of Speedy's favorite meals and one we "cheat" on. I usually buy popcorn chicken in the frozen food section and we get the Panda Express Orange Chicken sauce (tip it is usually cheaper at the Panda Express than it is at Walmart or Kroger). After the chicken cooks we toss it in the sauce and serve with rice. And veggies. Ta-da. Perfect Friday night meal because it takes almost no time at all to prepare.

Saturday- Spaghetti- Okay so I'm noticing I overloaded the tomato sauce based meals for this week. I truly planned these meal plans at one time and I had to change several of them. Just know we aren't actually eating at home every single night and in a couple of weeks you will see a meal plan that is all "make up" meals. Something tomato based from this week is sure to be on there....I make my spaghetti with homemade sauce- crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic powder or fresh garlic (you can also skip those last 3 for a packet of spag seasoning), cooked & drained ground beef, and usually a can or jar of drained mushrooms. Another fall favorite. 

Sunday-Chicken Salad Sandwiches- Mmmmm chicken salad- Canned chicken or cooked chicken that has been shredded (in my KitchenAid mixer with the paddle attachment), mayo, Ranch dressing, chopped celery (or celery seed), salt, pepper, grapes (opt), almonds or pecans (opt) on some good bread. Yum yum yum yum yum. Best on crescent rolls.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!