And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Meal Plan #8

So all is still going well. I'll admit even with a plan some days I just don't get dinner started on time or started at all. It's almost time for our first homeschool break and I'm really hoping that during that week I can cook ahead some freezer meals. Here's what I have down for this week:








Monday- BBQ Chicken Sandwiches- slow cooker, boneless skinless chicken, and BBQ sauce with a packet of ranch powder. If you cook it on low 4-5 hours the chicken will just shred apart and make great sandwiches.


Tuesday- Potato Soup- Everyone seems to have their own favorite version of this soup. Mine always includes lots of cheese. I like to use a ham bone in it as well (of course I remove it before serving) if I have one in the freezer.

Wednesday- Shrimp Alfredo- Similar to the Chicken Alfredo in my Meal Plan #2 but with breaded popcorn shrimp instead of chicken.

Thursday- Tacos- Ground beef, taco seasoning, and all your favorite toppings. Super easy!

Friday- Lasagna- I've made homemade lasagna many times but my go-to lasagna is the big Stouffer's family sized meat sauce lasagna. Easy. Serve with garlic bread and salad to feel like a real chef. :)

Saturday- Tater Tot Casserole- Again there are many versions of this available. This was one of my husband's favorites growing up and he introduced me to it. Basically cook ground beef and drain well. Mix with a can of cream of mushroom (or your favorite "cream of" soup) and salt & pepper and put into the bottom of a casserole dish. I use a large round dish for this. Top with frozen tater tots and shredded cheddar. Bake on 350 for 30-40 minutes.

Sunday- Baked Sandwiches



What's your favorite freezer meal? I'd like to make chili and spaghetti sauce in bulk while we are on break. Those are always big hits in the fall and winter.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!