And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Taking the Slow Cooker on the Town #crockbagmedium

I received a free product for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

So I use my slow cooker a lot. All the time. Several times a week. And I may or may not have cough, cough, 5, cough slow cookers so I can use several at a time and I always have one to use even if one or two are dirty.

The only drawback to the slow cooker (that I can find) is if you make a meal to take somewhere. If you take all the food out and put it into another bowl or container then the food needs to be reheated when you arrive at your destination. Until recently my solution was to unplug the slow cooker, wrap the cord around the lid, and then use a towel to get it to the car without burning myself. Or dropping it. Cause that would be a tragedy. If Hubby is going with me then I ride with the towel draped slow cooker between my feet in the floor board. If he isn't driving me then I have to be even more creative with a box or basket to try to keep the slow cooker from tipping over while I am driving. Whew it can be exhausting.

Well all that ridiculousness is over. I have now found the Bellemain Thermal Slow Cooker Carrying Bag. This particular bag is designed for the Hamilton Beach Set 'n Forget 6 qt model. I actually don't have one of those (surprise, surprise). However this bag is very big and it comes with a lovely, wide strap for keeping the lid in place. That lovely strap is also adjustable on both sides so you can pretty much fit this bag to any similarly sized slow cooker. And I did.

Here's the bag. The thermal layer inside ensures your food stays hot until your reach your destination.

As you can see it is quite roomy on the inside and totally covered in the thermal insulation. It will also keep cold foods cold. Because the zipper opens nearly all the way around it is super easy to pick up your whole slow cooker and fit it into the bag. I was able to do it with no help.

This large strap adjusts so this lid buckle fits right on and holds that lid tight.

BBQ chicken anyone? This is a great thing to take on the go to a party, family meal, picnic, potluck, etc.

Here the slow cooker is down in the bag with the lid keeper on. I did pull it tighter than it was in this picture.

All closed up and secure.

The wide, thick straps ensure a good hold on the bag and comfort while you carry it.

As you can see this Bellemain bag is super useful, works great, and meets a need. The price on Amazon today (8.24.14- stated prices are not guaranteed in any way) is only $7.95 and the purchase qualifies for free shipping for Amazon Prime members! Hop on over and buy yours today!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!