And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, September 1, 2014

A Better Way to Bake #bakingmat

I received a free product from Tomoson.com for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own. 

Do you bake a lot of cookies? I'm actually cutting way back on my sweets intake but my Apple still loves to bake and sometimes I can even get Speedy in the kitchen to help out. As the kids learn to cook it is important to make the process as simplified as possible. I honestly didn't think there were any new products or tricks to make cookies any easier but then I discovered the BakeItFun Baking Mat!



This mat is made of fiber cloth covered with food grade silicone and is made to perfectly fit into a 13"x 18" baking sheet. What is this mat for? I think the biggest bonus of this mat is that you will no longer need to spray your pan. That means less mess and less grease. You will need to "prime" your mat with spray before the first use but it does not need to be sprayed after that (unless you put it in the dishwasher). This mat also gives you a visual aid for placing your cookie dough the perfect space apart. Now you can have perfect cookies every time! This mat is not only oven safe- it can be used in the microwave and in the freezer too. If you ever make cookies ahead and then freeze them then this mat will make that process so much easier. Do you get tired of doing dishes? The BakeItFun mat keeps your baking sheet clean. The BakeItMat can also be used for macarons and pastries.

So first I had to decide which cookies to make. Tough decision. I actually decided to make the Ultimate Chocolate Chip cookie recipe from the Simply Delicious Amish Cookbook. I won't post the recipe here but I will tell you I added coconut to this chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal delight.

When you receive the BakeItFun Baking Mat you simply wash it with warm, soapy water, dry it, and prime it once with cooking spray. 

I used my nifty mixer to whip up all the ultimate awesomeness.

Then I generously scooped out the dough onto the mat. 

Don't forget to put on one more over the name! Gotta have an even number ya know!

This was after they cooked. Look how easily they lifted from the mat after cooling a couple of minutes.

I wanted you to see nothing was left on the mat but a little melted chocolate.

I immediately did a second batch. 

Now you can see the beautiful golden brown of the bottom of the cookies after baking.

My family devoured them after Sunday lunch. They can't wait until we make cookies again! 

The mat is BPA free. It rolls up for easy storage. The BakeItFun baking mat can be purchased on Amazon and even comes with a free ebook of recipes. The only negative I found with this product is that I want more than 1!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!