And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Give Your Brain a Workout



I received a free book from Blogging for Books for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.



My brain gets a pretty stellar workout every day that we do home school. As we age though we typically are learning less and we usually run a lot of days on autopilot. It's important that we keep our minds sharp and there are some exercises we can do for just that. Crosswords, Sudoku, trivia- they all work our minds and keep us sharp.

In recent years apps and video games have become popular ways to get that workout. I utilize some of those and enjoy them but Bend Your Brain is a workout for your mind in paperback form. Within these pages are more than 150 puzzles, tips, and tricks for working your noggin. The book is divided into sections and each section goes from easy to hard. Bend Your Brain is a product of Marbles: The Brain Store.

I am most impressed with the wide variety of activities in this book. I normally keep a crossword or sudoku book around but over time those can become boring. This book is full of logos, pictures, stories, number games, word games, and more. You are sure not to be bored but you are also guaranteed to get stumped at least a few times.

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!