And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Love Your Neighbor Part 2

I received a free book from BookLook in exchange for my honest review. 

I didn't grow up with siblings but it didn't take me long to figure out that sibling love has seasons. Right now my two lovely, wonderful children are in a season of war. That might be overstating it a bit....no...that's about right. They love one another, really they do, but sharing a bedroom (for the time being) and being together pretty much all day has it limitations. So we are spending a whole lot of time talking about loving their neighbor...err....roommate.



Last year I shared with you a little about Denette Fretz's book Pirates on the Farm. The sequel Conrad and the Cowgirl Next Door is now available. This adorable book shares Conrad's experience as he heads to his Uncle Clint's farm for cowboy training. Now Conrad doesn't know the rules of being a cowboy but he goes prepared with his Mega Ultimate Extreme First Aid Kit. Conrad barely gets one foot on the ground when Imogene comes from next door and begins to share her wealth of knowledge.

Check out Uncle Clint! 

Imogene isn't shy about imparting her "wisdom" on Conrad and she always seems to be around to watch him fail. Conrad takes it mostly in stride and at one point he has the opportunity to treat Imogene in the way she has treated him. Instead Conrad takes the high road and shows her kindness instead.

Gene Barretta uses colorful illustrations to enhance the story. I can tell you that my Speedy is loving this book. He sat down last night and told me the whole story from start to finish. Speedy is my more introverted child and he's dealt with a few Imogene's in his life. He has the same quiet spirit as Conrad and so I think he was easily able to relate to this story. I'm so glad we found a book like this to encourage him to continue handling tough people by loving them. 





I received a free copy of this book from BookLook for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!