And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Peppy Water #FruitFusion



It's time for me to do a little confessing. Even with all the great items I've been able to review my training for the Riot has been minimal. I'm nowhere near as ready as I needed to be. It is very soon and at this point the plan it just to go and do as much as I can. I'm well aware that I will likely not be able to finish. I had hoped this would be a great motivator for me. It was to an extent but I was sick for a couple of weeks and I just never really committed myself to a training schedule. No matter how far I make it in the obstacle course I'm not giving up for good. I'm on the lookout for a 5K to sign up for next. The plan was to do a 5K first but that never happened either. So while I continue on my very long journey......

I received a free water bottle from Tomoson.com for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own. 

Let's face it, water gets boring. While it is refreshing and has a whole host of benefits it definitely gets old after awhile if you are drinking your recommended amount. I'm trying hard to fully replace my favorite soda with water. It isn't easy. To pep up my water I tried the FlavFusion Water Bottle. I love the concept of this bottle! Slice fresh fruit and vegetables and put them directly in your water to infuse it with flavor. I've seen so many awesome infused water recipes on Pinterest that I've never tried but sound so good! Think cucumber, lemon, strawberries, oranges, even limes! Yum!

This 26 oz FlavFusion bottle has 4 pieces- the thin plastic bottle, the infuser "basket", a sieve lid, and the flip top straw with handle lid. It was easy to take apart and wash. I will say it was shipped with a label directly on the bottle and I couldn't quite get all the sticky gunk off the bottle from the label. I tried alcohol which usually works but there was still some residue. 

So I washed all the pieces, cut some fresh lemon, and put it all together and filled it up. Putting the lemon into the infuser basket was a breeze. 3 good size chunks went right in. Allow your water 15-20 minutes to fully infuse the flavor. I like my water very cold so I threw in lots of ice too. Shaking your bottle will give you a more uniform flavor. You can even leave it filled in the fridge overnight for a super infused flavor!


 As you can see you end up with a very eye pleasing drink. Doesn't it just look so much more refreshing than plain water?

The handle is convenient and easy to use. The pop up straw to drink from would be a great feature. Unfortunately due to the design of the cup no straw extends into the water. So to drink from the cup you either have to suck vigorously (and still don't get much water but get lots of air), turn up the bottle (but still only get a slow dribble of water and make a lot of noise), or squeeze the think plastic bottle (and get spurts of water and very loud sounds). 


 My water tasted great. It was just the right amount of lemon flavor and it was very cold and refreshing. I got a little frustrated with the work involved to drink it though.


My only other complaint about the bottle is that it was a little messy. It never leaked around the lid for me and when my daughter accidentally knocked it off the table (with the lid popped open) it only spilled a small amount but it had condensation like crazy and left little droplets of water all over my desk. I easily overcame that issue with a paper towel underneath it though. 

The pros to the FlavFusion bottle are:

*flavorful water
*easy to fill
*fits in all cup holders
*convenient handle
*easy to wash (hand wash only)
*26 oz (I love bigger water bottles)
*versatile- you can put so many flavor combinations together

You can purchase the FlavFusion bottle on Amazon and it is eligible for FREE 2 day shipping for Prime members. 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!