And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Playing Games


I have a confession to make. I'm not usually a fun parent. I know. You're shocked. How can a mom homeschool her kids and NOT be a fun parent? Well...it's difficult! I wish I was the mom that could do a craft every day (argh-mess-no!) and discover how to fit a movie and a game into every lesson but I just can't. I'm just not that mom. I can't throw caution to the wind and spend a day outside exploring and leave all of our responsibilities and book work behind. That's what I can't do. What I CAN do is occasionally work in a movie or project or book or game.

I received a free game from Tomoson.com for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.



 How do you think your kids would like to learn logic by playing a game? Fun right? Even for a not "fun" parent! Gravity Maze from Thinkfun makes logic into a game. A cool game involving a marble and blocks! The purpose of Gravity Maze is to determine how to get a marble from point A to point B while using certain towers. You....err.....your child has to figure out the best way to position the towers so the marble lands exactly where they want it to!


As you can see the game includes 3 marbles, 10 blocks & towers, the base, and the challenge cards. The 60 challenges range from easy to expert. Each challenge includes the solution on the back. 


The towers must be arranged in exactly the right position or the marble won't land in the target. I showed the kids how it worked with 1 challenge and then they took it over.


Gravity Maze is designed for one player but it was fun to watch the kids take turns placing the towers and dropping the marble. (Yay they got along for 10 minutes!)


Apple is really digging this game y'all. She loves stuff like this and she was so excited when she got several correct in a row all on her own. 


I love that this is a learning game they were really enjoying. I think it's fantastic that they can play alone. The game pieces are durable and with 60 challenges I believe this is going to keep them interested for a long time. They were both discussing showing it to their friends because they were sure none of them have Gravity Maze. 

Logic can't be learned from a book. It must be used and practiced to be taught. I'm so glad we've got Gravity Maze for a fun, hands on lesson in logic!

Gravity Maze from ThinkFun is recommended for ages 8+.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!