And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Does Your Little Princess Need Her Own Bible?

I received this Bible free from Tommy Nelson for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

One of the disciplines I struggle with the most is reading my Bible every day. I encounter Bible verses throughout the day on social media, around our home, during our home school time, and even in many books that I read but I don't do a good job of sitting down with my Bible every day and spending time in the word. I even made a public challenge to myself back in April here on the blog. I never did a follow up post because after 3 weeks I had stopped. There have been times in my life when I've been able to challenge myself and follow through but eventually my habit dwindles.

Since I am not good at this neither are my kids. Y'all know we have several Bibles each and the kids do a great job of always keeping one by their beds, one in their school desks, and they *usually* take one to church (or ya know....at least to the car on the way to church). A few weeks ago Speedy received a new hardback Bible at church. Every rising 2nd grader in our congregation receives one and the kids are always so excited. He's been enjoying his new Bible.



Apple has been a Sheila Walsh fan for forever (well a long time anyway). She will still occasionally pull out her copy of Gigi, God's Little Princess to watch on DVD. Sheila Walsh has a gift for helping girls understand their worth to God and I love for Apple to be encouraged in that way. Although Apple has mostly grown out of the "I'm going to dress like a princess every day and sing and twirl and be shiny and ecstatic" phase, deep down every girl big and small wants to be a lovely princess with a beautiful crown. That's why she was so excited to see Sheila Walsh's God's Little Princess Holy Bible.

This NKJV Bible is hardback and pink and shiny (i.e. light glitter) and has a pretty crown with a jewel on the cover. Even the edges are princessified in pink with crowns. In the front is a letter from Sheila detailing the features of this Bible.

They include:

Bible Jewels- special Bible truths

Regal Relationships- tips for growing your relationships with God and others

Kingdom Living- using Bible truth in every day life

Kingdom Highlights and Wise Words- tidbits of history and wisdom

Royal Heroes- heroes of the Bible and what you can learn from them

Noble Characters- a special feature of 13 inspiring people from the Bible

As if all those features weren't enough, they don't even include Apple's very favorite feature about this Bible. At the back is a "Personal Princess Journal." It is a place for your princess to note their favorite Bible verses, favorite songs, people to pray for, answered prayers, and more. What a lovely idea!

While Apple loves this Bible she is contemplating gifting it to a friend. She's aware that she's very blessed with her large stack of Bibles. I think it is wonderful that she's willing to pass on the blessing to someone else. This Bible is recommended for ages 4-7 but it is a "big girl" Bible with thin pages and full NKJV scripture.

Do you have a little princess that would love her very own copy of God's Little Princess Holy Bible? You can enter to win a copy on the easy Giveaway Tools Widget. One winner will be randomly selected to receive a Bible.







Other resources I recommend from Sheila Walsh:

For girls:

How to be God's Little Princess

Gabby, God's Little Angel

For women:

The Storm Inside

Sweet Sanctuary


I received this Bible free for review from Tommy Nelson. All opinions are my own.


4 comments:

  1. No they really don't have a special time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually read it when we read in the evenings, thank you for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister in law does it before bed

    ReplyDelete
  4. No we usually just read ours together.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!