And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, October 13, 2014

Patting Myself on the Back

So for the last month or so I've told you I was getting ready for the Riot. This was a 4 mile urban challenge. I actually tried to back out. I didn't get to train the way I wanted to and I felt like I was woefully unprepared (and I was). I've been in decent shape in the past (although still overweight) and in recent months I've only been able to do Zumba once a week.

My friends wouldn't let me back out so our little team of 4 showed up this weekend and headed out (early! EEK!) on our "run". I'll be honest mine was a whole lot of walking and a tiny bit of jogging.






So I won't bore you with all the details of the day but I will tell you I finished! I took some penalties (rather than do particular obstacles) but I completed it and got my medal. I was so happy! The run itself wasn't so fun but the feeling I had at the end was well worth it. 


I'm not normally one to pat myself on the back but I am for this! 


Have you done any 5Ks, obstacle courses, or other challenges? What are your favorite training tips?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!