And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, October 13, 2014

Pep Up the Pimento Cheese

I tried the below mentioned product free from BzzAgent in exchange for my honest review.




My meal plans have been MIA because I just haven't had time to get them together. We've been finished up fall ball and soccer and had lots of other extracurricular activities. When we have been able to eat at home I've just thrown together food we already had.

Last week I decided to make some pimento cheese. Half of us like pimento cheese sandwiches and the other half don't so I also made chicken salad that night. I was able to try Arla Dofino Chipotle Gouda free from BzzAgent so I decided to throw some of it in my pimento cheese.



I shredded some cheddar cheese in my food processor and then shredded in some of the Chipotle Gouda in with it. Into a bowl went the cheese and I mixed in a generous amount of mayo, salt, pepper, and some sugar. Next I drained a small jar of pimentos and then gently folded it together until it was all mixed well.


The chipotle gouda added a flavorful complexity to already tasty pimento cheese. My husband normally won't eat pimento cheese but he enjoyed this so much. It added a little spice and flavor without overwhelming the spread.

Arla Dofino Chipotle Gouda is also great as a snack with crackers. I am loving all the things I can do with this cheese! You can find it (and many other Arla Dofino cheeses) in your grocery's deli section.

I hope to get back to my meal planning for you (and US!) soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!