And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Women's Devotional Bible with Proverbs 31 Ministries Devotionals

Y'all know I have a Bible habit. Not a bad habit to have actually.....At this point I think my Bible "hoarding" is almost equal to my small kitchen appliance hoarding. Both useful things to hoard, right? Anyhow my main Bible for many years has been brown and pink imitation leather Zondervan Women's Devotional Bible. It is a reasonable size for carrying, it has some great devotionals in it, and lots of references for studying. It has survived my kids as babies and toddlers, many trips to church, lots of time in my car, and even a trip off the roof of the car going down the road (I promise that was Hubby's fault and not mine!). I have notations and highlights and special writing all in it. I won't be getting rid of that Bible ever but I have found a new Bible to be my main traveling to and from church Bible.

I received a free copy of this Bible for the purpose of review from BookLook. All opinions are my own.



As you can tell my "old" Bible is on the left. It has served me well but over time I did find I didn't like the closure flap. It got dirty very quickly (a roll on the road will do that) and it usually just felt like it was in the way. I remember scouring through a Bible book store trying to find just the right Bible. Hubby was selecting a new Bible that day as well and we spent a lot of time looking at each available Bible and trying to pick the one that was right for each of us. Bibles are an investment both into your spiritual life and from your wallet.

The Bible on the right is also from Zondervan and it is the NiV Real Life Devotional Bible for Women. It is just as pretty as my other one, right at the same size, and also has wonderful devotions in it. Many of them come from Lysa TerKeurst but there are also others from other Proverbs 31 Ministries writers. There are 366 devotions in all- 1 for each day of the year. These devotionals are short (1 page) but pack a punch. Each is close to the verse in the Bible that it is based on and then 3-4 other verse references are included for you to study on your own. The devotionals focus on real life topics for women- gossip, burn out, temptation, and more.


I've told you before that I struggle with daily Bible reading but I've kept this on my nightstand and so far I've made it a whole week reading a devo and some extra verses every night. One step at a time folks, one step at a time. 

All together this is a lovely Bible for women. The two tone blue cover is eye pleasing, the pages are delicate, there is a ribbon for marking your place, the devos are insightful, and the NiV is a version I prefer. If you (or a lady you know) are in the market for a new Bible I recommend this one. Try not to leave it on top of your car and drive away though......that could be bad. I will say one thing I miss in this Bible (and my other one) is the red letters for the words of Jesus. I enjoy my other Bibles that too have the red letters. Sometimes when you are just seeking a special word or answer to pray those red letters jumping off the page are all you need. 



So to recap: NiV Real Life Devotional Bible for Women has a beautiful imitation leather cover, includes 366 devotionals from Proverbs 31 Ministries writers including Lysa TerKeurst, and is compact enough for a Bible to carry to and from church (because let's all admit an app on our phone just isn't the same).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!