And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, November 24, 2014

Just Trying to Keep Up

How is it the end of November already? Am I the only one feeling like it was just summer? This time of year is oh so busy. I vividly remember thinking as a child, "I can't understand why grown ups don't like Christmas. What's not to like about Christmas?!?!" Now I know. Lists. Busyness. Added responsibilities in an already overwhelming world. Now I'm the grown up that feels too tired to decorate, and I'm the one who is bemoaning shopping. ME! Not enjoying shopping. Next I'll be yelling at kids to get off my lawn......


In all seriousness, we are doing our best to enjoy what this season is really all about. We enjoyed one Thanksgiving family gathering over the weekend, and it was so nice. There was a ton of food, lots of laughs, and everyone had a good time. We are looking forward to another family event on Thursday.


I haven't been posting on social media about the things I'm thankful for. I haven't had time! This year I drew a "thankful tree". Each day (we are a little behind) we write on our own colored leaves. Some days it has been easy to think of things and other days have been a little harder. I've enjoyed reading their "entries". This was a fun way to document our gratitude this year.



How do you encourage thankfulness in your kids? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!