And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Workout Saga Continues

So I completed the Riot successfully, and I'm signed up for my first 5K. I'm trying to break out of my rut of only working out once a week. It's so hard! Life is just so busy, but I really want to push aside some of those excuses and do a better job of staying active.

I'm still hitting my Zumba class once a week. We always have such a good time. Our instructor does a fantastic job of using a mix of Latin music, hit songs, and contemporary Christian tunes. I like so many different kinds of music, and I really enjoy most of the songs we have in class.

I recently received 2 CDS to review (for free!) from Family Christian. These popular female artists each have a new remix album (or disc..) available. Ready to hear who the musicians are yet? Mandisa and Amy Grant!






Mandisa's Get Up: The Remixes is her compilation of remixes of her popular songs like "Overcomer" and "Good Morning" (one of Apple's faves!). These songs are fast and perfect for working out, walking, having a dance party (Zumba!), or just jamming in the car. I remember watching Mandisa on American Idol (one of 2 season I watched) and she was a standout even then. Now she's a popular artist with an amazing voice and a love for God that shines in all of her songs. The 11 on this CD are sure to get you moving.
Apple can't help but dance to Mandisa!



In Motion: The Remixes by Amy Grant is another remix CD but totally different! Many of the 11 tracks on this disc are remixes of Grant's original hits like "Baby Baby" and "Every Heartbeat" along with some of her newer contemporary Christian songs like "Better Than a Hallelujah". All of these remixes are fun but all aren't as upbeat as the songs on Mandisa's CD so I find many of them better for a family walk around the neighborhood (we all wear our earbuds) or a cool down from a workout. Some of these songs took me straight back to high school and I found that I still know the words to the songs!


As you can see I've found several ways to incorporate these new remixes into my workout efforts. From a pick me up on the way to Zumba (to get me ready to dance) to some squats and push ups in our school room to a family walk/ jog around the neighborhood, these tunes get me moving and motivate me to keep going. Would you like a copy of each of these CDs for your work outs? One lucky winner will be selected to receive them! Enter via the easy Giveaway Tools widget.



These CDS are both available to purchase at www.FamilyChristian.com and you can buy one of these amazing glass water bottles as well (I received one free). I love that this bottle is glass and that it has Jeremiah 29:11 on it. It's already started a few conversations when I've carried it around! These would make lovely stocking stuffers for your favorite exerciser (that's a word, right?).


You can also find Family Christian on Facebook.


I received these products free from Family Christian for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own and I was not required to write a positive review. 





4 comments:

  1. I have Mandisa's Good Morning, Tedashi's Make War, and The Neverclaim's My Soul Longs on my gym playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that is upbeat and gets me moving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite workout music is christian,gospel and praise music that you can move to.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!